When Harry, a suicidal Hare Krishna, meets heartbroken Harriet, love is in the air. But will they take the leap?
Script Type: Play
Genre: Comedy / Romantic Comedy
Length: 8 pages
Est. Budget: Micro Budget (less than $100K)
Screenplay SynopsisHarry, a suicidal Hare Krishna, is about to throw himself off a high bridge when he's rudely interrupted by the equally suicidal and heartbroken Harriet. But as they egg each other on to go first, they discover they have more in common than a love of orange, and a rebound romance is on the cards, until bumbling Harry blows it. Big time.
About This ScreenplayAll enquiries relating to Falling for Harry should be addressed to Heuer Publishing: https://www.hitplays.com/default.aspx?pg=sd&st=FALLING+FOR+HARRY&p=5359
• first published in Flumes magazine (USA), Volume 3, Issue 1, Summer 2018
• 14 December 2015: Crash Test Drama Sydney ‘Best of the Best’ Special Edition (joint winner – ‘Most Loved Crash Test Play in History’), New Theatre, Sydney, Australia: https://sites.google.com/site/crashtestdrama/past-performances/dec-2015-special-edition
• 29-31 May 2015: Ten x 10 PlayFest, Wagga Wagga, Australia.
• 14 February 2014: Suitcase Theatre Company, Connah’s Quay, Wales, UK.
• 28 January-2 February 2014, King Street Theatre, Sydney: Short+Sweet Sydney (runner-up – People’s Choice), Australia: https://youtu.be/Zfo7fWyZjyk
• 22 December 2013: Crash Test Drama Sydney (Final, winner – audience vote), King Street Theatre, Sydney, Australia: https://sites.google.com/site/crashtestdrama/past-performances/december-2013-finals
• 29 November 2013: Crash Test Drama Sydney (winner – Judge’s Award), King Street Theatre, Sydney, Australia: https://sites.google.com/site/crashtestdrama/past-performances/november-2013
• 25 November 2013: Script-in-Hand, Bordello Theatre, Sydney, Australia.
Here's a video of one of the Short+Sweet performances: https://youtu.be/Zfo7fWyZjyk